Why the Lifesciences Industry NEEDS Drupal 8
In order to make healthcare sustainable and adaptive to the changing healthcare landscape, it is clear that the life sciences industry needs to embrace a digital environment. For several years, this understanding has been murmuring in the background and then more loudly amplified. Today, the volume of this message is practically deafening.
There are several decisive reasons for this fundamental shift. First, individuals are no longer taking their healthcare ‘for granted’. Increasingly, people are bringing their own information to the table and are interested in exploring ‘alternative’ therapies. Second, technological advances—in large part the expanded mobile phone capabilities, the rise of cellphone use, and the broadened willingness of consumers to accept digital healthcare products—offer fresh healthcare directions. Finally, there is a direct relationship between the growing level of patient cost consciousness and their shrinking level of brand loyalty.
Adding the use of a scalable and robust CMS to a corporate strategy combines technology with healthcare and moves the company along the ‘telemedical’ path. Drupal 8, a state-of-the-art, comprehensive content management framework, is excellently suited to this task:
- Customized content—Drupal 8 can be organized to suit the needs of your organization.
- Durable connectivity —Securely connecting your website with your other platforms and to the World Wide Web in general is a given via the use of sophisticated permission-setting which authorizes only the right users to access any given data.
- Energetic security —Drupal-powered websites are well-protected. Drupal 8’s strong coding standards reflect a proactive, best practices philosophy and is subject to a strict community code review process. Plus, Drupal’s dedicated security team is poised to deal rapidly with issues.
- Mobile-friendly features —A variety of phone-sized themes means the same website works on laptops and on the go.
- Nimble web page coding —HTML5, the current web page coding standard, creates web content which is not only stable, but allows for more diverse and powerful websites.
- Speedy content retrieval and page loading —Drupal 8’s integration of Symfony has streamlined the custom Drupal core code. As a result, web pages and other web content load more quickly, providing a more professional and satisfying user experience.
- Stylish flexibility —Drupal 8 understands that the life sciences industry is always evolving. So, it has been created to adopt new features with complete ease. Thus, management of your digital assets is as seamless as possible
However, none of the above is effective if your website does not ‘speak your user’s language’. Drupal 8’s multilingual, extensive translation features make this a non-issue.